Director of Procurement at Genpak Headquarters
Role and Responsibilities
Founded in 1969, Genpak is the industry leader in food packaging manufacturing. Over 50 years later, we now have 19 facilities throughout the United States and Canada with our corporate headquarters located in Charlotte, NC.
Over the years, Genpak’s offerings have evolved as the restaurant industry evolved. We have developed our technology and materials to meet customer demands and to continue to push the envelope of packaging innovation. We pride ourselves in providing food packaging solutions for restaurants of all sizes.
Our diverse food packaging offerings allow our customers to choose the food containers that work for their food, their customers, and their budgets. From microwave safe containers to eco-friendly packaging, home delivery solutions, recyclable containers, and products that can be used in hot and cold applications, we have the container for you.
Genpak Mission Statement
"Advancing innovative packaging to enhance the human experience is more than just our Purpose Statement. It is our driving passion to make people's lives better through the food packaging they use in their daily lives."
- Lead and coordinate Direct & Indirect Procurement strategy for Genpak’s operations in the U.S. Develop alignment with other internal departments, including Operations, multiple manufacturing sites, Warehousing, Logistics, Quality, Sales, R&D, and Finance.
- Lead and facilitate cost savings projects in partnership with platform and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Be committed to cost control and cost reductions for the Company, while at the same time maintaining continuous supply of goods and services.
- Lead corporate & regional projects through strategic procurement planning and implementation. Represent the Company in dealings with suppliers, trading partners, and customers.
- Participate in the annual budget and standard cost development.
- Partner with Finance and Continuous Improvement functions to develop annual operating plan and cost savings pipeline; actively track performance and develop action plans to achieve financial targets.
- Identify additional sources of supply and develop relationships with supplier partners.
- Actively develop and manage vendor performance using KPI’s and scorecard development, business reviews, and effective contract/dispute management process.
- Articulate and execute the Genpak Procurement roadmap that builds the capabilities needed for long-term growth and sustainability including spend analytics, category management, standardized sourcing process, tools and templates, policies and procedures, and supplier relationship management.
- Follow market trends for various categories of spend. Use this knowledge to support internal customers.
Evaluate financial aspects of key cost drivers of global markets using published industry data and reports. Collect historical data to support cost trend requests.
- Introduce new and innovative ideas for procurement of goods and services.
- Implement strategic sourcing activities such as electronic Request for Information, Request for
Quotation, Request for Proposal, select suppliers based on predetermined criteria.
- Develop a high-performing and motivated strategic procurement team responsible for interacting with business and supplier partners, thereby building procurement capabilities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree or MBA preferred) in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain, or Accounting preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 10+ years in procurement/strategic sourcing role with increasing responsibilities and leadership experience.
- 5+ years of managing a procurement/strategic sourcing team.
- Experience in the plastics industry. Packaging industry is a plus.
- Proven organizational communication, problem solving, and research abilities.
- Capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of internal stakeholders; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers and regularly communicates with stakeholders for alignment.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to quickly gather and analyze data, and business requirements under time constraints in a changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively at the executive level and with supplier partners.
- Knowledge of contract fundamentals, ability to effectively understand and negotiate contract terms that benefit Genpak in outcome. National and International experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge and execution of negotiation strategy, macroeconomics, inventory control and manufacturing processes.
- Proven negotiating skills for quality improvement and cost savings initiatives with suppliers.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems is a must. Oracle experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.