Maintenance Technician A at Genpak Wilmar
Role and Responsibilities
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Maintain all equipment/machinery and building in good working order and repair as necessary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and maintain appropriate tools and toolbox to perform all necessary job functions.
- Excellent understanding of pneumatics, electrical controls and hydraulics with ability to diagnose and correct problems.
- Application of strong mechanical and electrical knowledge including such as abilities in reading of schematics, etc.
- Perform assigned Preventive Maintenance/ Safety Programs per defined schedule with accurate and complete documentation.
- Complete all assigned Work Orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain Maintenance Parts Inventory per Infor and Plant Sanitation standards including:
- ensuring tag is pulled and turned in when part is pulled out of inventory
- recording correct parts used on all work orders
- parts are re-stocked in appropriate location per Infor System
- Able to breakdown and setup product on machinery to standards set including:
- knowledge of quality/operational standards per product
- quality inspections performed
- work area cleaned
- ensuring that tooling is in good working condition prior to setup
- cleaning, maintenance and proper storage of tooling upon breakdown
- Perform all facility shutdown and startup procedures correctly and completely.
- Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of batteries etc.
- Perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to Plant Sanitation audits) in respective work areas.
- Assist in building/machinery preparation of all Plant Sanitation/OSHA audits.
- Work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and Plant Sanitations Certifications.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Perform any and all job assignments/functions (including special projects) as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.
The Company has the right to alter or add job functions to meet business demands as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 3 years experience of manufacturing maintenance experience to include: welding, trouble-shooting of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical controls, and maintenance/repair of plant machinery
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English as all Maintenance personnel will be required to read and interpret Company documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; required to complete and document all required reports accurately and without assistance; and communicate with Supervisors and co-workers regarding daily operations of equipment and material being produced.
· Ability to operate a calculator.
· Ability to read and understand instrumentation gauges and schematics
· Ability to understand and determine “differentiation pressures” from a pressure controller
· Able to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
· Ability to recognize and identify problems with machines and/or material via collection of data and interpretation of that data.
· Ability to apply common sense “understanding” to carry out written or oral instructions.
· Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to issues as they arise and seek help when necessary.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to differentiate between “good” and “bad” quality.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.