Senior Maintenance Manager at Genpak Westlake
Role and Responsibilities
This position will manage a 30 person Technical team that will oversee all aspects of predictive, preventative and breakdown maintenance for a state-of-the art manufacturing facility. The Technical team will consist of:
- A Process Engineering group led by a Process Engineer that will oversee tool maintenance, line changeovers and process capability through adherence to standard line conditions
- Core and shift maintenance groups led by a Maintenance Supervisor that will undertake predictive and preventative inspections that will be used to identify and eliminate future causes of downtime along with shift maintenance resources that will handle breakdown maintenance and the completion of identified work orders to minimize unplanned downtime.
- A Utility Mechanic and Automation Technician to develop and maintain multiple automation platforms and packaging equipment along with process / chilled water, compressed air and vacuum, resin unload and delivery equipment and centralized control systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop shift, and daily maintenance team meeting structure to quickly identify and correct equipment breakdown and process interruption
- Develop department objectives and performance targets and objectives to meet plant and corporate goals. Develop a monthly PDCA process to identify gaps and opportunities while implementing solutions
- Attend daily / weekly / monthly plant leadership team meetings to check progress against goals and develop / implement countermeasures to insure attainment
- Develop and implement a time and condition based PM program utilizing the Infor Software system and insure Technical Teams activities and focus are driven by this program.
- Develop a maintain maintenance supplies / parts inventory system utilizing the Infor Software structure and implement a standing work order system to insure parts usage can be tracked to major equipment or production lines.
- Insure Maintenance Supervisor fully utilizes PM and planned work order program to prioritize and schedule personnel and activities.
- Participate in Corporate Energy Efficiency programs and put together action plan to develop a KWH / FG baseline and a 3% improvement plan.
- Analyze parts usage on a monthly / quarterly basis and put action plan together to address highest dollar cost on a production line or part usage basis.
- Participate in collaborative teamwork for the attainment of facility certification and Plant Sanitation and Environmental programs
- Help to insure facility compliance with all OSHA regulations including mandated safety programs such as Lock-out/Tag-out, etc. and their training requirements.
- Insure achievement of corporate safety goals by insuring that corporate monthly safety training topics are completed and near miss / incident investigation are fully and aggressively undertaken and corrective actions completed.
- Insure completion of all annual inspections and required documentation for:
- Fire Extinguishers/Hoses
- Overhead Doors
- Sprinkler systems
- Pressure Vessels
- Emergency Lighting and Testing
- Insure that all contractors comply with all aspects of the Genpak Contractor Safety Program and perform tasks in a safe, effective and cost efficient manner.
- Assist in the installation of all equipment and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local codes. Insure that NAERs are completed for all such equipment and that plant assigned action items are completed within 90 days.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Maintenance Supervisor, Process Engineer, Automation Technician, Utility Mechanic
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, SPC software)
- Basic knowledge of HACCP, GMP and SQF requirements
- Knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced electrical knowledge
- Ability to read schematics/prints
- Knowledge of PLC and AC/DC drives
- Plant machinery repair
- BS or BA degree in business or a technical discipline, or relevant experience, and a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing operations management experience.
- Regular physical activities including, but not limited to, lifting to 35 lbs., reaching, carrying, and climbing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.