Master Electrician at Genpak Hope Hull
Role and Responsibilities
OPEN INTERVIEWS DAILY!!
Come by, fill out an application, have a short interview, possibly start your career with the Pak...Genpak!
7621 Bill Joseph Parkway, Hope Hull, AL 36043
Plans electrical systems additions or modifications on secondary circuits. Works on secondary electrical systems that are 1000 volts and below.
Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Leads, guides, and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Repairs and maintains motor control centers and programmable logic controls (1000 volt and below).
- Plans electrical secondary system additions or modifications.
- May perform work of lower level electricians.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Reads, employs, and updates electrical panel schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of secondary electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test 1000 volt and below electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers for secondary systems 1000 volt and below.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- This position is considered responsible for Food Safety in accordance with SQF requirements.
- Position requires: a) Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in secondary (1000 volts) circuits and systems including cutouts, switchgears and transformers; b) Isolating faults in 1000 voltage distribution system and replacing cable runs; c) Operating all 1000 voltage controls and switchgears including repairing and replacing those; d) Leading, guiding and/or training other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Possession of a current Electrical Journeyman License (EE98J)
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.