Plant Manager at Genpak Carthage
Role and Responsibilities
The plant manager directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, food safety and other production-related activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage plant operations for safety, quality, production, maintenance, and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Management of annual operating plans and deployment of resources to achieve production commitments.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Direct site capital program and expenditures to support strategic operations goals.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Control plant fixed and variable costs.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to staff.
- Ensure the plant food defense plans and supporting programs are maintained and effective.
- Comply with all local, state, federal and regulatory agency regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Production Manager
- Quality Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Process Engineer
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, SPC software)
- Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement techniques and statistical methods.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP and SQF requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of analytical problem-solving methodologies
- Knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- Must have financial aptitude and analytical skills.
- BS or BA degree in business or a technical discipline, or relevant experience, and a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing operations management experience.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.