Maintenance Technician A at Genpak Hope Hull
Role and Responsibilities
OPEN INTERVIEWS DAILY!!
Come by, fill out an application, have a short interview, possibly start your career with the Pak...Genpak!
7621 Bill Joseph Parkway, Hope Hull, AL 36043
Role and Responsibilities
The Maintenance A employee will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations, and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Maintenance A employee performs general maintenance tasks in production areas.
2. Maintenance A employee is responsible for knowing all facets and procedures of plant operations.
3. Maintenance A employee diagnoses and repairs faulty production and related plant equipment with minimum supervision by using the provided schematics and drawings.
4. Maintenance A employee is responsible for having all tools needed to perform tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. The individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. The individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Education: Solid – Individual has obtained an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or an equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Solid – An Individual has the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The individual can write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Basic – The Individual has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The individual can compute rate, ratio, and percent with the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Solid – Individual has the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The individual can interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: No certificates, licenses, or registrations required to perform Maintenance A job.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.