Warehouse Specialist at Genpak Jeffersonville
Role and Responsibilities
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Inspect all products produced for quality and ship ability (proper labeling, properly sealed, etc.). Product must be stacked and stretchwrapped per product configuration specifications and then loaded onto trailer per customer order complete with all required documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform final quality inspection of all products produced (correct packaging, correct labels, properly sealed, etc.) prior to placement on stretchwrapper.
Able to learn and operate all tape machines to ensure proper sealing of all products prior to shipment.
Able to segregate and prepare product per stack configuration specifications on stretchwrapper.
Able to learn and operate all stretch wrap machines within defined specifications and without assistance.
- monitoring and maintaining stretch wrap film on machines at all times.
- identify and perform minor adjustments as needed, notifying Supervisor immediately if unable to correct problems
- ensure individual “case” labels are in proper position and legible
- apply proper “outside stack” label to stack and prepare for shipment
Able to obtain and operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of battieres/propane tank, etc.
Able to perform and document accurate “trailer inspection” forms prior to loading of all finished goods and follow defined company procedures if trailer does not pass “inspection.”
Able to move finished goods from stretchwrapper into assigned “trailer” for shipment or in proper “staging area” until trailer becomes available. Must be able to stack product (lifting over the head) into a trailer without assistance as needed. In addition, must be able to understand and accurately complete all required paperwork: Trailer inspections and product code listing form.
Able to move approximately a 50 lbs. dock plate as needed throughout the shift.
Able to relieve Packer personnel during breaks and meal periods.
Able to operate grinder and ensure grinding of all scrap material and product is completed by the end of the shift, Including:
- Segregate color and match correct grinder pipes to proper silos for all product/materials prior to grinding.
- ensure all material is emptied from all “scrap containers” prior to placing containers back in production.
Able to perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to YUM/JIB audits) to include strapping and removal of all cardboard material.
Able to assist Machine Operators with the following:
- changing packaging on autopackers
- changing labels and ribbons on “label printer”
Able to communicate all equipment and material issues arising from the operation of the shift with on-coming WHSE B personnel and Supervisors at each shift change.
Able to work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and YUM/JIB Certifications.
Able to comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
Able to perform any and all job assignments/functions as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.