Packer at Genpak Westlake
Role and Responsibilities
Open Interviewing Fairs EVERY TUESDAY and THURSDAY!
10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm.
10601 Westlake Dr., Charlotte, NC 28273
Come on by and apply in person, get a quick interview, and start the process to join the Pak...Genpak!!!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Inspect for quality and package all product types in the preparation for distribution to customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pack on all thermoforming lines without assistance.
Perform all quality control procedures during the packing process:
- verify correct packaging is used for product type
- visual inspection of trays coming off the line meets quality specifications (quality defects, correct sleeve count, etc.)
- notify Machine Operator and/or Shift Supervisor immediately of ALL “quality issues” prior to packaging
Make and stage “boxes” for packaging of product throughout the shift safely and consistently with production demands.
Operate all autopackers, making minor adjustments as needed to ensure the product is sealed properly and/or changing of packaging rolls as needed. Identify and notify Machine Operator and/or Shift Supervisor immediately when unable to resolve a problem.
Perform all functions required at roll changes:
- finish clearing off packing table
- use air hose to blow off sensor, reflector and Exit Chute of each Thermoformer.
- Wipe down packing table and autopacker per all Plant Sanitation specifications
- Stage boxes as needed
- Restock packaging as needed
- Empty trash as needed
- Move all scrap material to grinder
Operate grinder and ensure grinding of all scrap material and product is completed by the end of the shift.
- segregate color and match correct grinder pipe to proper silos for all product/materials prior to grinding.
- ensure all material is emptied from all “scrap containers” prior to placing containers back in production.
Perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to Plant Sanitation audits).
Perform all “end of shift” job functions including:
- empty all trash containers
- sweep work area
- stage proper packaging for on –coming shift
- breakdown of all empty Gaylord boxes and stored properly
- all scrap “sheet” is moved to the grinder for grinding
- empty trash dump bucket into outside trash container
- all “scrap” containers are emptied and ready for on-coming shift
- break room is neat and clean
Communicate all equipment and material issues arising from the operation of the shift with on-coming Packers and Shift Supervisor at each shift change.
Work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and Plant Sanitation Certifications.
Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
Perform any and all job assignments/functions as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.
The Company has the right to alter or add job functions to meet business demands as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training a plus
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.