Quality Technician at Genpak Westlake
Role and Responsibilities
Open Interviewing Fairs EVERY TUESDAY and THURSDAY!
10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm.
10601 Westlake Dr., Charlotte, NC 28273
Come on by and apply in person, get a quick interview, and start the process to join the Pak...Genpak!!!
This position is truly a support staff position and will assist the Quality Control Manager in implementation of protocols and procedures & collaborate with management to establish and maintain programs to ensure production of safe high-quality products.It will also maintain all aspects of Product Safety, Quality and other Plant specific programs.These programs include but are not limited to: GMP, HACCP, SOP/SSOP, Training and Analytical testing procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily Quality Activities:
- Assist the Quality Manager in the maintenance of HACCP and SQF plans for all areas of the plant.
- Verify process control practices and compliance, bringing ideas forward for process/program improvement
- Coordinate and clarify quality policies for all areas of the facility
- Conduct daily product sampling and coordinate resolution of concerns
- Verify quality documentation accuracy
2. Improve Quality Process:
- Execute plant monitoring and product testing programs\
- Execute process control audits with the ability to recognize deviations
- Facilitate understanding of processing specifications
- Resolve quality issues and conduct quality complaint investigations
- Provide quality training to employees (SQF, GMPs, etc.)
3. Problem Resolutions in-Plant:
- Investigate problem root causes in cooperation with appropriate department
- Discuss solutions to production problems in cooperation with production & assist with implementation of agreed upon solution
- Maintain QC Hold Accuracy; identify causes of deviations and corrective actions
- Work with production to eliminate deviations which result in non-compliance records or documentation
- Coordinate disposition of retained product in a timely manner
- Coordinate corrective action and preventative measures where facility deviations occur
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, SPC software)
- Basic knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP and SQF requirements
- Ability to use testing equipment (Ruler, calipers, Instron, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of analytical problem-solving methodologies
- Knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma. Minimum of 1 years of quality assurance experience.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.