Forklift Operator at Genpak Cedar City
Role and Responsibilities
Objective of Position:
Operates forklift and material handling equipment in distribution center and/or manufacturing area. Receives and moves all materials and products to staging or storage areas and arranges them for proper movement when needed. Performs work under the direction of warehouse supervisor/manager or material handling manager.
The Forklift Operator will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
- Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
- Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
- Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
- Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Moves raw materials and stock in warehouse or manufacturing facility, shipping lines and other storage areas using forklift and material handling equipment.
Performs all system related transactions to ensure inventory accuracy goals.
Assists in preparing materials orders or truck orders and assists in maintaining accurate raw materials, pallets and carton counts for warehouse supervisor and/or material handling manager.
Restocks raw materials and pick locations for order fulfillment.
Moving Trailers with yard truck
Maintains clean manufacturing facility and/or warehouse and forklift on a daily basis.
Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on material handling equipment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.