Production Supervisor at Genpak Westlake
Role and Responsibilities
Manages the operations of all production areas to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved. Plans and establishes work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity. Provides production process analysis and makes recommendations on solutions to process improvements. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and oversee an employee training schedule that emphasizes productivity and resource conservation
- Evaluate each station of the manufacturing process to ensure maximum efficiency
- Enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job
- Maintain compliance to the plant quality management system to ensure optimum quality.
- Assume responsibility for manufacturing and shipping processes in the plant
- Inspect products prior to shipment to ensure accurate labeling and record keeping
- Accurately assess problems, analyze and evaluate options.
- Rearranges production sequences according to planning needs.
- Keeps deadlines.
- Efficiently manage priorities.
- Ensures equipment start-ups within required timelines.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees, management and executives
- Ensure all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly
- Maintain a clean working environment and ensure adherence to all food safety policies, plans, and procedures.
- Accurately measures performance throughout work shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plant Production Personnel
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and follow schedules
- Organization Skills and willingness to assume accountability for plant practices
- Basic knowledge of HACCP, GMP and SQF requirements
- Knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- BS or BA degree in business or a technical discipline, or relevant experience, and a minimum of 1 years of manufacturing operations experience.
- Regular physical activities including, but not limited to, lifting to 35 lbs., reaching, carrying, and climbing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.