Financial Analyst at Genpak Charlotte Bag
Role and Responsibilities
~~The Manufacturing Financial Analyst role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to make a difference by assisting leadership in understanding and analyzing data to make business decisions. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Manufacturing Financial Analyst position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity. The individual will analyze actual costs against budgets and standards; track and support plant budget development; record and analyze daily production; and enter journal entries. The Manufacturing Financial Analyst will evaluate and recommend process improvement opportunities while driving efficiencies with the process.
~~Essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Be the "go-to" person at the facility for any financial information or analysis that is required.
• Perform the detailed accounting and financial analysis for Manufacturing and the support teams.
• Record, monitor and analyze daily production, inventory and cost information in Oracle, and explain production variances to standard.
• Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Provide Management with detailed analysis for use in making financial projections, business decisions and controlling expenditures.
• Perform month-end and annual accounting close activities for the Plant in accordance with the Corporate financial closing calendar.
• Provide in-depth analysis and reporting of cost variances.
• Prepare with annual planning, budgeting, operational reporting, cost reviews and forecasting for the Plant.
• Measure performance against budget and monitor the business regarding efficiency and profitability.
• Certify that all transactions are recorded in accordance with Corporate Policy & Procedures.
• Partner with operations to analyze, track and report cost saving initiatives.
• Perform periodic evaluations of labor and overhead rates
• Safeguard all company assets. Participate in reviewing asset inventory and utilization.
• Calculate ROI and financial impacts for all site capital projects.
• Work closely with Accounts Payables and Purchasing Departments to continuously improve the accuracy and timeliness of recording costs to the proper accounts, cost centers, and product lines.
• Participate in physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
• Work with the Corporate Finance Department on various projects as needed to improve accounting information and rigor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
~~QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field from an accredited university.
• Three years’ experience in a manufacturing accounting environment.
• Knowledgeable in all operational areas of accounting, including cost accounting and general accounting.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to meet tight monthly closing and corporate reporting deadlines.
• Previous experience with detailed financial and cost analysis and the budgeting process required.
Great Benefit Package
Paid Vacation, PTO and Holidays
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance 401K and much more