Maintenance A at Genpak Charlotte
Role and Responsibilities
Ability to perform any electrical and mechanical repairs on all Extruders, Thermoformers and service all ancillary systems as required for production requirements. Must be familiar with all facets and procedures of plant operations and will be expected to diagnose and repair faulty production and related plant equipment with the minimum of supervision using the provided schematics, drawings and equivalent documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain a full complement of tools to enable him/her to perform his/her normal duties
2. Formal training (apprenticeship in the field of electrician) and supply documentation
3. Able to break down and set up for all Thermoforming product on machinery to the standards set for cycle and quality and be able to clean and prepare all tooling for set up.
4. Capable of diagnosing and repairing plant equipment entirely on his own, without supervision
5. Excellent understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
6. Familiar with all facets and procedures of plant operations
7. Strong industrial electrical and mechanical background with formal training which includes theory and reading of schematics
8. Maintain the necessary hand tool’s needed to perform job duties in a productive manner
9. Capable of keeping accurate records of work performed
10. Perform work in a safe manner
11. Able to use a fire extinguisher
12. Get assistance to resolve any issues to get the machine back in operation
13. Well rounded knowledge of the quality of all products
14. Housekeeping must keep all areas free of debris
Qualifications and Education Requirements
~~EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent certification or experience on the job and High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience. Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.