Thermoforming Operator at Genpak Longview
Role and Responsibilities
~~Objective of Position :
Thermoforming Operator ensures that quality product is made while keeping thermoforming machines running at Budget SPM and limiting the amount of product scrapped.
The thermoforming operator will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Thermoforming Operator operates thermoformers.
2. Thermoforming Operator records all rolls brought to their machine and used.
3. Thermoforming Operator records any rolls that are scrapped at their machine.
4. Thermoforming Operator does a Quality Control check every hour for every machine and records part weights.
5. Thermoforming Operator keeps all machines running at Budget SPM.
6. Thermoforming Operator makes sure product being produced meets quality standards.
7. Thermoforming Operator gets budget cases per hour.
8. Thermoforming Operator makes necessary adjustments to machines to ensure quality product is being made.
9. Thermoforming Operator keeps work area clean by mopping and sweeping as needed.
10. Thermoforming Operator monitors and controls the amount of product being thrown away.
11. Thermoforming Operator responds immediately to a Blue Light and when Packers need assistance.
12. Thermoforming Operator makes sure all paperwork is accurate.
13. Thermoforming Operator ensures proper bag and box are being used.
14. Thermoforming Operator picks up rags, cardboard, and other material on floor and equipment.
15. Thermoforming Operator moves and tapes all boxes containing finished goods in the creamer.
16. Thermoforming Operator gets bags and boxes as needed for Packers.
17. Thermoforming Operator give packer breaks and lunch.
18. Thermoforming Operator grinds all scrap they produce.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Education : Basic – Individual has obtained a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) ; or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills : Solid – Individual has the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Individual can write routine reports and correspondences with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills : Basic – Individual has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Individual can compute rate, ratio, and percent with the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability : Solid – Individual has the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Individual can interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations : Individual must be certified to operate a forklift.
General Work Environment :
• Thermoforming Operator will spend 8-10 hours working near moving mechanical parts.
• Thermoforming Operator will spend 1-4 hours working in high, precarious places.
• Thermoforming Operator will work in a loud manufacturing environment.
Additional Information :
• Thermoforming Operator will be working in and around grinder areas.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.