Extrusion Operator at Genpak Columbus
Role and Responsibilities
~~Objective of Position:
Ability to operate any one of the Extruders and repel lines generally unassisted. Able to communicate quality issues, complete required documentation, i.e. profile and daily material reports. Report Machine Malfunctions and ensure good quality sheet. Performs work under shift supervisor with final approval by Asst. Production Manager.
The Extrusion Operator will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to learn and operate all extruders within defined specification without assistance
2. Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and report any issues immediately
3. Start up and shut down all extruders unassisted.
4. Assist in “Stringing up” all extruders unassisted
5. Complete job/color changes with minimal scrap
6. Perform adjustments to die
7. Monitor feed and mixing systems for proper operation
8. Correct formulas and rates for each product type
9. Match and distinguish colors from samples
10. Produce good tight rolls
11. Produce each roll to correct width and gauge
12. Able to use a fire extinguisher
13. Climb heights up to 60 feet to report silo readings and material held in each silo
14. Get assistance to resolve any issues to get machines back in operation
15. Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products
16. Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris
17. Other duties may be assigned as needed
18. Must adhere to and be in compliance with all AIB/GMP standards.
The Company has the right to alter or add job functions to meet business demands as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Education: Basic – Individual has obtained a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) ; or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Solid – Individual can read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Individual can write routine reports and correspondences with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Basic – Individual can add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Individual can compute rate, ratio, and percent with the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Solid – Individual can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Individual can interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Individual must be certified to operate a forklift.
• Extrusion Operators will be working in and around grinder areas.
• Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
• Must be able to work well with other employees and give help when needed
- Pet Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Accident Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program
If you are interested in this position please use the contact information listed below.
3255 Thomason Ave.
Montgomery, AL 36108