Shift Mechanic at Genpak Longview
Role and Responsibilities
~~Shift Mechanic performs all electrical and mechanical repairs to production equipment that it may operate efficiently and safely. The Shift Mechanic will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
• Responsible for following established lock out/tag out procedures. All equipment and machinery shall be locked or tagged out before an employee places any body part in equipment during servicing or maintenance where the unexpected energization, start-up or release of stored energy, could cause injury.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Shift Mechanic maintains a full complement of common hand tools along with a volt-ohm meter to perform daily assignments.
2. Shift Mechanic plan details and work procedures without supervision.
3. Shift Mechanic completes Skills Matrix, 3-year program.
4. Shift Mechanic maintains a clean work area.
5. Shift Mechanic has a strong mechanical background to inspect and diagnose mechanical problems using blueprints and manuals as resource.
6. Shift Mechanic must be able to diagnose pneumatic and hydraulic problems.
7. Shift Mechanic keeps accurate records of work performed.
8. Shift Mechanic must have knowledge of the process and understanding of the level of quality required for all products.
9. Shift Mechanic has an electrical background to analyze electrical problems using wiring diagrams and schematics to correct and overhaul as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Education: Solid – Individual has obtained a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED) along with a minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience; or an Electrical Apprenticeship or an equivalent certification, or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
Language Skills: Solid – Individual has the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Individual can write routine reports and correspondence with the ability to communicate effectively to associates and supervision.
Mathematical Skills: Basic – Individual has the ability to calculate figures and amounts proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Individual can apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Individual has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Individual can compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability: Expert – Individual has the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Individual can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract
Genpak is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a work life balance schedule, Company provides a large benefit package that is available to you after a 30 day waiting period. Free medical for employees, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation your first year of employment, 401k with an employer match. Those are only a few, Apply today in person or upload your resume here.