Material Handler at Genpak Charlotte Bag
Role and Responsibilities
~~GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Inspect all products produced for quality and ship ability (proper labeling, properly sealed, etc.). Product must be stacked and stretchwrapped per product configuration specifications and then properly staged for movement into the Warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of batteries/propane tank, etc.
Perform FINAL quality inspection of all products produced (correct packaging, correct labels, properly sealed, etc.) prior to placement on stretchwrapper.
Able to perform all quality/safety control procedures during the staging process:
- Verify correct packaging is used for product type
- Visual inspection of cases coming down the line meets all quality/safety specifications (packaging is properly vented and sealed)
- Notify Machine Operator and/or Shift Supervisor immediately of ALL “quality/safety issues” prior to movement onto Stretchwrapper.
Operate all stretch wrap machines within defined specifications and without assistance.
- monitoring and maintaining stretch wrap film on machines at all times.
- identify and perform minor adjustments as needed, notifying Supervisor immediately if unable to correct problems
- ensure individual “case” labels are in proper position and legible
- apply proper “outside stack” label to stack and prepare for shipment
- segregate and prepare product per stack configuration specifications
Operate and maintain “label printer” (barcoding labels) which includes: correct product and color, correct date and time; ensure roll of labels are always on machine.
Ensure “Staging Areas” are organized, clean and per specifications during entire shift:
- Production Staging Area – ensure Finished Product is organized and stacked properly for movement into Warehouse.
- Extrusion Rolls Staging Area – ensure extrusion rolls staging deck never exceeds more than 12 rolls during the course of the shift.
- Thermoforming Staging Area – ensure that all thermoformers have rolls staged per specifications and ensure the following:
- A) check for “fresh sheet” vs. “aged” sheet
- B) correct foam roll for the product being produced
- C) check for any damaged rolls
- Roll Storage Area - ensure all rolls are placed “center to the grate” and stacked neatly and straight (no leaning
- Autopackers – assist with maintaining supply of packaging material (C-Fold, Bags and Boxes) throughout the shift as needed.
Assist with autopacker setups as needed to include the following:
- Proper removal of old packaging
- correct placement of old packaging in racks per Plant Sanitation Audits specifications
- supply new packaging for product going into production
Relieve other Material Handler personnel during breaks and meal periods.
Operate grinder and ensure grinding of all scrap material and product is completed by the end of the shift, Including:
- Segregate color and match correct grinder pipes to proper silos for all product/materials prior to grinding.
- ensure all material is emptied from all “scrap containers” prior to placing containers back in production.
Perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to Plant Sanitation audits) in respective work areas at all timesl.
Assist Machine Operators with the following:
- changing packaging on autopackers
- changing labels and ribbons on “label printer”
Perform all “end of shift” job functions including:
- communicate all equipment and material issues arising from the operation of the shift with on-coming Material Handler personnel and/or Shift Supervisors at each shift change.
- Clean and organize work area
- Proper documentation has been completed and submitted to Shift Supervisor for entry into Oracle
- All scrap “material” is moved to the grinder for grinding
- Breakroom is neat and clean
Unload “incoming” product/material for receipt and placement into facility as business demands.
Function as “floor person” or Packer in the Thermoforming area when business demands.
Work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and Plant Sanitations Certifications.
Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
Perform any and all job assignments/functions as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.
The Company has the right to alter or add job functions to meet business demands as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
~~EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- one to three months related experience and/or training (mechanical aptitude a major plus) preferred
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English as all Material Handler personnel will be required to read and interpret Company documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; required to complete and document all required reports accurately and without assistance; and communicate with Supervisors and co-workers regarding daily operations of equipment and material being produced.
Ability to operate a calculator.
Ability to add up to 100 manually.
Ability to recognize and identify problems with machines and/or material via collection of data and interpretation of that data.
Ability to apply common sense “understanding” to carry out written or oral instructions.
Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to issues as they arise and seek help when necessary.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to differentiate between “good” and “bad” quality.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Powered Industrial Truck Certification (forklift, clamp, sissor lift, etc.)
- Pet Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Accident Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program
Please send resumes to email@example.com or apply in person at
1201 Westinghouse Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28273 704.588.6204