Maintenance Mechanic A at Genpak Columbus
Role and Responsibilities
The Maintenance A employee will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Maintenance A employee performs general maintenance tasks in production areas.
2. Maintenance A employee is responsible for knowing all facets and procedures of plant operations.
3. Maintenance A employee diagnoses and repairs faulty production and related plant equipment with minimum supervision by using the provided schematics and drawings.
4. Maintenance A employee is responsible for having all tools needed to perform tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Education : Solid – Individual has obtained an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or an equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills : Solid – Individual has the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Individual can write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills : Basic – Individual has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Individual can compute rate, ratio, and percent with the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability : Solid – Individual has the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Individual can interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations : No certificates, licenses, or registrations required to perform Maintenance A job.
- Pet Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Accident Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program
Please send all resumes to JDominik@genpak.com or apply within at
845 Kaderly Drive. Columbus, OH 43228 614.276.5156