Quality Technician at Genpak Wilmar
Role and Responsibilities
Purpose: To outline the job functions and duties of a Quality Inspector as it applies to Genpak LLC in Sebring, Florida.
Scope: This applies to the job functions of the Quality Inspector. This job description does include, but may not be limited to the following functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
1. Follow all plant policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Documentation Practices and Safety Rules.
2. Perform quality checks on all lines three times per shift, and as needed.
3. Possess a well-rounded knowledge of quality on all products; must be able to identify and isolate any quality or food safety concerns.
4. Communicate within department and with Production/Warehouse/Maintenance regarding any problems or issues that need to be addressed as required.
5. Responsible to ensure that First Piece Inspections (FPI) are done in a timely manner and that the Quality Docket at line is correct and being followed.
6. Perform product testing as needed.
7. Able to operate the INSTRON machine for compression testing on all applicable finished products.
8. Must be able to use and read measurement devices such as gram scale, dial indicator, micrometer and/or calipers.
9. Must be able to perform checks on measurement devices to ensure accuracy prior to use.
10. Must be able to perform minor troubleshooting as needed.
11. Responsible for receiving inspection of incoming poly and KD supplies as needed.
12. Thoroughly and accurately complete all required paperwork and documentation.
13. Be an active participant in company monthly safety committee meetings.
14. Perform weekly or monthly inspections as assigned.
15. Participate in the Genpak Mentoring Program.
16. Able to perform static checks as required.
17. Housekeeping – keep work area clean and organized.
18. Complete any job duty given within reason, assigned by the Quality Manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Perform job duties safely and possess a good knowledge of safety precautions.
2. Must possess good communication skills – be clear, decisive, and supportive.
3. Must possess good documentation skills – be neat, descriptive, and concise.
4. Be a team player.
5. Be able to work overtime if required with little or no notice, i.e. cover the opposite shift for vacation or sick time.
6. Maintain a good attendance record.
7. Be computer literate at least a minimal-to-moderate level in order to input data and run programs.
8. Must have general knowledge of control charts.
9. Must have good math, reading, and writing skills.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED required. A minimum of one (1) year quality control experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred but not required. Prospective employees must have good math, reading, and writing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, an employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, kneel and crouch. Employees must be able to climb stairs. Employees must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees will work in a manufacturing/warehouse/laboratory setting and may encounter drastic temperature changes from hot to cold. An employee performing the duties of this job is required to use proper safety precautions to eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and requires the use of hearing protection.
Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, AFLAC, 401k, paid holiday, education assistance. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.