Extrusion Operator at Genpak Longview
Role and Responsibilities
~~Objective of Position:
Ability to operate on any one of the four Extruders and repel line generally unassisted. Able to communicate quality issues, complete required documentation, i.e. profile and daily material reports. Report machine malfunctions and ensure good quality sheet. Performs work under shift supervisor with final approval by the extrusion manager.
The Operator will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to learn and operator all four (4) extruders within defined specification without assistance
2. Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and report any issues immediately
3. Start up and shut down all extruders unassisted
4. Assist in “stringing up” all extruders unassisted
5. Complete job/color changes with minimal scrap
6. Perform adjustments to die
7. Monitor feed and mixing systems for proper operation
8. Correct formulas and rates for each product type
9. Match and distinguish colors from samples
10. Produce good tight rolls
11. Produce each roll to correct width and gauge
12. Able to use a fire extinguisher
13. Climb heights up to 60 feet to report silo readings and material held in each silo
14. Get assistance to resolve any issues to get machine back in operation
15. Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products
16. Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris
Qualifications and Education Requirements
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Language Skills: Solid
Mathematical Skills: Basic
Reasoning Ability: Solid
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Written Exam
General Work Environment:
• Operator will spend 100% working in wet or humid conditions.
• Operator will spend 100% working near moving mechanical parts.
• Operator will spend 0% working in high, precarious places.
• Operator will spend 100% working near airborne particles.
• Operator will spend 0% working near toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Operator will spend 0% working in outdoor weather conditions.
• Operator will spend 0% working in extreme cold.
• Operator will spend 0% working in extreme heat.
• Operator will spend 0% working with a risk of electrical shock.
• Operator will spend 0% working with explosives.
• Operator will spend 0% working near vibration.
• Operator will be working in a loud environment.
Controls are in place for any airborne particles, safety glasses.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.