Production Supervisor at Genpak Longview
Role and Responsibilities
This position supervises and coordinates the activities of production workers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
• Study production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Maintain time and production records.
• Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Performs activities of workers supervised.
2-5 years of experience. English, bilingual a plus. Basic math skills. Make quick and reasonable decisions. Must be able to move 500 foam rolls and lifting maximum of 50 lbs. Standing for 10 hours in a 12 hour workday.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Genpak offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more