Maintenance Mechanic A at Genpak Cedar City
Role and Responsibilities
~~POSTION: Maintenance A Mechanic
SHIFT: Day HOURS: M-F 7AM-3PM
General Purpose of Job:
Maintain all equipment/machinery and building in good working order and repair as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Provide and maintain appropriate tools and toolbox to perform all necessary job functions.
•Perform assigned Preventive Maintenance/ Safety Programs per defined schedule with accurate and complete documentation.
•Complete all assigned Work Orders in a timely manner.
•Maintain Maintenance Parts Inventory per Infor and Plant Sanitation standards.
•Able to breakdown and setup all Extrusion and Thermoforming product on machinery to standards set.
•Basic understanding of extrusion and thermoforming process and machinery and assisting Maintenance personnel to ensure quality production uptime.
•Assisting all facility shutdown and startup procedures correctly and completely.
•Perform or assist in necessary repairs to building including but not limited to:
-Plumbing, roof, silos, trenches, heating and air systems, dock doors and plates, chiller system, parking lot, building additions/renovations, equipment modifications, new equipment installations.
• Assist in Hot Work Permit procedures to ensure full OSHA compliance with regulations.
•Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of batteries/propane tank, etc.
• Perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to Plant Sanitation audits) in respective work areas at all times.
• Hazardous materials handling to include unloading rail cars and tank trucks containing isopentane and butane.
• Perform all “end of shift” job functions.
• Unload “incoming” product/material for receipt and placement into facility as business demands. Assist in building/machinery preparation of all Plant Sanitation/OSHA audits.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 1 year experience of manufacturing maintenance experience to include: maintenance/repair of plant machinery and facility upkeep. Exposure and limited knowledge of welding, trouble-shooting of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical controls a plus. Solid understanding of math, reading, and writing skills and an expert level of reasoning abilities.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Idemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.